Monday, August 23, 2010

Whitewater Shenanigans 2k10!

On Saturday, we went for a one day whitewater rafting adventure.  It was my first time ever and I thought it was pretty awesome.  Some in our crew had some issues with the guide but, whatevs.

We went through River Drifters out of Maupin, OR to raft the Lower Deschutes River.  There is a virtual river map as well here which outlines the rapids we traversed on the trip (click on the waves for pic and info).

I believe it was Shearers Falls Rapids (Class VI) that our crew decided to take the safer left side passage.  After we were over we watched some rafts take the right side with lots of bodies in the water.  In fact, one of those folks apparently dislocated a shoulder and that was game over for some of that crew. Guess we made the right choice even though most of us wanted to go for it.

Not too many pics since our camera is not waterproof but, here are a couple.

Top of the mountain to ya (Mt. Hood around 6:30am at that)...


Part of our crew getting prepped for the day (Ellen, Susan, Evyl, Mendy)...


Post trip relaxation and pain killer (Jaegar Bomb)...


The road less traveled (missed our turn onto 26 which lengthened our trip back substantially)...

1 comment:

Mr. Vince said...

When my wife told me she wanted to spend the weekends on a wine tasting tour, I was not very happy. Thought it was so boring. But when we arrived in Adelaide, I got excited since the view was amazing! The place was romantic, the food was great and the wine tingled my palate. We toured the wine region riding on a luxury mini-coach and visited 5 wineries. A perfect weekend for me and my lovely wife.