Friday, June 25, 2010

Two Madras Please!

We pulled it together yesterday and headed for Madras, Oregon...


View Larger Map

Vamanos!


Goal: A day of kayaking on Lake Billy Chinook.

Here is a shot of Mt. Hood...


I guess I did not remember or realize that Eastern Oregon has some pretty cool high desert rock formations...



We are staying at the Best Western Madras Inn and it is pretty standard BW fare.  A little pricey for what you get but, they take dogs (the Hugonot is going kayaking too!)...


After getting settled in, we popped into Mexico City next door to the hotel for some authentic grub from our southern neighbors.  Pretty friggin' tasty and we were stuffed to the gills.  The portions were huge and we were only able to eat half and took the rest para llevar.


We will leave the hotel around 10am and hit the Store at the Marina.  Oh why is that you say?  Because I was so lame as to forget my swimsuit.  Go figure.

Oh and I also got some strange looks at the Bi-Mart when asked if they had PFD's for dogs.   His reply was essentially, "Nope never heard of that.  Most dogs I know can swim."

No comments: